Friday, November 27, 2009

My hair flips at the ends, missing something healthwise?

I am posting this question in the health section instead of the beauty section b/c I am convinced this is a health question. I have straight hair but much of the time now the ends (sometimes one side sometimes the other, sometimes all) flip up. Not curl. Flip. I cannot brush it out, it's like it's starched that way. My hair is not curly. I just got my haircut and the next day I washed it and it did the SAME thing. The parts the flip also seem to clump together. It's very odd. And not attractive!



I have to admit my diet isn't the best,I rarely eat fruit, so maybe I am missing out on some nurtient that my hair needs. I am sure I read something about it before, and can't find it now.



I am not looking for cosmetic solutions. Nutrient/health related answers only please.



Thank you!



My hair flips at the ends, missing something healthwise?

I don't feel it's health related. You got some good answers on the way it's cut.



Mine does the same. I had it thinned out a lot with thinning shears. And even tho I ask her to cut it under, it still flips. I feel the thinning takes out the undercut.



My haircut is VERY short. When I had long hair, the weight of it helped a lot with an undercut.



I also have a cow lick on the bottom right side. She shaves against my neck on that side a little higher and it helps.



It's also the way our hair grows, in a clockwise direction. That's why one side always does/looks better than the other.



The best alternative is real short with back cut into a v shape, or grow it out longer with it undercut. That's were the top hair is longer than the lower and using a round brush when blow drying helps.



My hair flips at the ends, missing something healthwise?

My hair does the same thing regardless if I get it cut,wash my hair or style.You probably have wavy hair..It is not a health concern



If you are concered about your hair.Talk to your beautician about certain products that can actually feed your hair.



Too much damage like styling products,hot temperture devices can weaken your hair



My hair flips at the ends, missing something healthwise?

e



My hair flips at the ends, missing something healthwise?

If you got a razor cut, that could explain it. Sounds like they cut a bevel cut into the ends.



Also could be a hair growth pattern.



I bet the hairdresser turned her fingers palm up while holding your hair b/n her fingers. Underneath layer is slightly long and top layer.



My hair flips at the ends, missing something healthwise?

the way it's cut can encourage or discourage the way it flips or curls. A good hairdresser knows how to do this but many are trained in the factory type schools that teach only enough for the students to pass the govt exam boards.



talk to a stylist in a good salon

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer security