Sunday, June 20, 2010

Hair static?

my mom told me today her hair is REALLY static-ey. like run a comb through sticks out stright static-ey.my hair is too but not like hers, only when i don't straighten it. my hair looks NOTHING like hers, mine is thick, long, curly, and brunette. hers is thin, short, stick-straight, and light blonde.



i told her to just condition after every shampoo but since her hair is thin she said it will make it look greasy and limp. she wants it to be thicker and curly like mine so she had a loose perm but it's gone so she blow dries basically upside-down and puffs her bangs with a round brush. to sum this all up any ideas/tips to get rid of static or help it? lol



Hair static?

spray hairspray on the brush or comb.



it makes your static go riight away. and



does she use conditioner? because when



i use just shampoo my hair gets really staticy



Hair static?

dryer sheets get rid of static.



just rub them on your hair.



Hair static?

use one of those laundry Bounce things



Hair static?

run a dryer sheet lightly over it. i think thats what i read in a magazine, lmao. static guard. no joke i used to use it for dance



Hair static?

well blowdrying upside down will make it worse. there are many conditioners for fine hair, and they have shine sprays that will probably work.



Hair static?

she only has to use a good conditioner! redken all soft is a good conditioner that smells good and doesnt leave an oily residue! also, when she gets out of the shower, she should apply a smal ammount of mousse to her hair (I use brilliant brunette from john frieda-she would porbly use the blonde kind) just flipping my hair upside-down andrubbing it into my hair like shampoo--then Iblowdry and it comes out sleek and shiny. not greasy.



Hair static?

those dryer sheet/fabric sheets...if u take them and put one in each hand and rub them through your hair it will help the static



Hair static?

Well, I have the same problem, because I have VERY thick hair. So what I do is I straighten it, but that makes it static-ey. A little trick I've learned is to take some Bounce (you know, that laundry stuff), and run your hair between a piece folded in half. The only problem there is that Bounce smells terrible, and it makes your hair stink! So grab some hair spray (I use a kiwi smell) and let 'er rip!! It works really well for me! Hope this helps! :)



Hair static?

used dryer sheets



Hair static?

it sounds weird.. but its called static gaurd.. i have some.. ill take a pic.. and post the link when i edit my question.. sooo hold on!



Hair static?

I can relate I have stick straight hair too. When your hair is true stick straight perms do not "take"



Her hair is dry and the winter weather and lack of moisture along with wool and the like hats etc everyone wears affects this type of hair.



Do not condition the top of the hair to avoid greasy/limp hair.



Just the part "banded" in a "ponytail" should do.



Try to give the hair a break from the dryer when she can...for it is further adding to drying/breakage of hair. When hair is broken easily due to not conditioning and drying it looks worse.



On days she blow drys I had people tell me to use (in addition to shower shampoo/conditioner) to use a product called Infusium a spray in conditioner (again not on top of hair). It calms things down.



Thee whole static guard stuff/dryer sheet stuffdid not really fix the problem for me. Conditioning/moisture did.



Edit condition from the part banded in imaginary ponytail working down to the ends of hair.



Good luck



Hair static?

I used to have static pretty bad and have really thin, fine hair. I can only use a light weight conditioner (which is a must because I don't like knots). I use products from Bumble and Bumble to get the curl I have. I do not use a round brush on my bangs. First, while my hair is damp, but not starting to dry (or it will just get frizzy) I use the Bumble and Bumble Tonic Lotion. It is a very light prep spray product. Then I use Bumble and Bumble Curl Conscious for light to medium hair (about a quarter to half dollar size amount) with a pea size amount of Styling Creme mixed together on my hands. I scrunch my hair with the product and then after I think I have it all worked through I blow dry my hair with a diffuser on the blow dryer. I just hold it up to my hair and let it warm the hair through to the roots and dry it, not blow it all around else it will just get frizzy. I have great soft curls that hold ALL DAY. I can even sleep on it and do some funky fun style the next day with the same curls.



By the way...I do not work for Bumble Bumble or anything. I have just used a lot of products over the years and LOVE Bumble and Bumble. They even have thickening products. I haven't used them, but it is worth asking your stylist about next time she cuts your hair. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer security