Thursday, June 17, 2010

Black women only please, for hair care..?

What hairstyle can I do, so that I don't end up fooling with my hair so much.



My hair is normally really healthy; I had below shoulder length hair since ever but about 12 years old I cut it off constantly. Now I want to grow my hiar as long as possible. My hair now is shoulder length but I went vegatarain and my hair breaks off constantly. At work I have to look decent. I am obsessed of my hair and fool with it all the time...What hairstyle can I do that is feminine, conservative, and will allow me to leave it up for days at a time.



(P.S. I normally wear my hair in a bun but take it down/up/brush/heat all the time every day.) I will consider anything except braids.) Oh and I have went back to eating meat too) Any advice????? Please!



Black women only please, for hair care..?

If you are vegatarian, I don't understand why your hair is breaking off. First off you need to get your hair healthy again, I use GNC hair, skin, and nails formula. I shampoo and condition my hair once a week, I get a relaxer every 6 weeks, and try to limit the use of heat in my hair. I would recommend that you get roller sets, not the same roller sets for older women, but with a medium sized or large sized roller. You can wrap your hair at night with a silk or satin scarf. You will have body and curl without drying your hair out with heat. Your should also use some kind of moisterizer for you hair. Good Luck.



Black women only please, for hair care..?

A hairstyle I use sometimes just to keep from playing with my hair is getting my hairstylist to braid/twist my hair and put me under the dryer and let it dry. When it's dry and she undoes the braids, its a pretty style that lasts for like 2 weeks depending on how rough you are.



Thats a good alternative to fussing with your hair all of the time and straining it by putting in a bun all the time and heating it up. All you have to do is finger comb it and you're good to go. :)



Oh, and nothing is wrong with being a vegetarian...just take your vitamins and supplements every day.



Black women only please, for hair care..?

I wore a wrap for about a year and my hair grew several inches. I would only use heat on it after I washed it. Also, consider increasing the time between your touch ups. I went 6 months between and I was amazed by the amount that my hair grew. I also heard that biotin was a good supplement for vegetarians, to help maintain health hair.



Black women only please, for hair care..?

Hi, I'm not black but I can tell you why your hair is breaking off. It's great that you're a vegetarian girl, but you also need protein. You can get protein without resorting to meat, with textured vegetable protein products like Morningstar Farms (they make fake bacon, chik patties, sausage, burgers.. everything!) You're not getting enough protein, which is why your hair is breaking off.



I use a conditioner for black girls, it's Loreal Vive for Women of Color with camellina oil. The stuff works great, give it a try if you want. It smells good too.



Black women only please, for hair care..?

my hair is shoulder length - I wear decorate hair pins, I use hair combs, to pull back the hair. I use hair pins for French twist. NO RUBBER BANDS. I wear head bands thin or thick in width. If you get a nice precision hair cut, your hair will keep it's shape.



One week I will wear my hair curly, keep the ends trim and healthy, the next week I wear my hair straight. I braid and roll my hair up every night, this keep my hair wavy. I massage my scale with oil/hair grease that have a LOTS of vitamins end it. Oh keep the ends of the hair oiled too.



Black women only please, for hair care..?

Since your hair is very delicate I would suggest that you do a lot of deep conditioning. Apply mayonaise on your hair on a daily basis. I know it sounds crazy but mayonaise has essential nutirents which can make hair grow at an accerlated shine and also mayonaise gives it that extra shine and glossiness. Beverly Johnson uses mayonaise as a conditioner on a daily basis to give her hair that extra shine. Also use leave in conditioner on a daily basis. Leave in condtioner just like mayonaise repairs damage and prevents breakage. If you want to avoid the constant breakage then Mayonaise and a quality leave in conditioner are the best solutions. As styling is concerned I recommend just as you mentioned sophisticated and conservative. You have got many great ways to go. You can either try the Naomi Campbell Straight Hair with bangs, you can go wavy like Beyonce or even shoulder length and sassy like Beverly Johnson. The possibilites are endless. If you consider the Naomi Campbell style or any other style what I recommend if you want to avoid extra breakage and damage use a heat generated straightner in which the heat makes your hair straight. If you want those extra curls use a quality curling iron and you will be fine. Heat Generated straightners as well as curling irons are great because they get the job done with much less damage. With mayonaise, a quality leave in conditoner, and with quality styling irons your hair will be shiny and healthy. You and your hair will look fab and glam!!!



Black women only please, for hair care..?

Each of the listed answers have great points. The mayonaise tip is really great, however, we do not and should not shampoo daily (weekly at best).



I have a simular problem, in my job, I tend to be the only woman in a meeting and the last thing I want to do is play with my hair. I use mayonaise, put on a shower cap while you shower and let your natural body heat work for you. After about 5 - 10 minutes you're ready to rinse. I follow up with a regular conditioner just for the smell.



Blow dry and braid. When you take the braids out the hair maintains the wave pattern. Finger comb and use a little holding spray, combs or head bands (I hate hair in my face while I'm talking). This keeps me going for the week until I shampoo again. (I rebraid it nightly or every other night through out the week) Be sure to tie it up at night.



(TIP: If I start the process early enough I dump the blow dryer and let the braids air dry. This holds the wave pattern tighter and longer.)



Good Luck !



Black women only please, for hair care..?

I drink water and apple cider vinegar to keep my hair from breaking off. Its great for nails too. About 2 tbls. mixed with water 2 times per day. It has over 93 vitamins and minerals. Sorry about the hair styling. Why not try a french roll? I wear my hair in a pontail all the time. Very inexpensive. I love meat too much to become a vegitarian. I drink lots of water during the day. You sound to me as if you are dehydrated. Instead of coffee, try water instead. My hair used to break off constantly, but now it is lush and long thanks to water and acv. Look up on the websites.



Black women only please, for hair care..?

take vitamins drink alot of water...wear a satin scarf or cap and wrap your hair at night...oil it...only when it feels dry...not too much...use a thin hair oil...like KeraCare..don't use anything hot on your hair more than once a week...make sure you own a leave in conditioner...and you should purchase essence beauty basics and beyond http://www.essence.com/essence/essencebo...



hair mayonaise is very good...also the line of KeraCare product...very good as well...



trim your hair every 6-8 weeks... the hair dresser might have to cut off quite a bit since you mentione breakage...but it's the best way to go...don't comb or pull on your have too much...when tying it up...you should wear it down once in awhile...never let your hair dry out...yet never let your hair get too greasy....wash your hair once a week...make sure to condition....and treat....oo and buying a satin pillow case is a good idea



...for your hair style...a low ponytail always works with the sophisticated look...maybe some soft curls



lol that's all I can come up with



Black women only please, for hair care..?

If you want longer hair you have to moisturize it and make it stronger.



#1 if you use anything petroluem based or with mineral oil in it STOP! That doesn't help, it hurts our hair. Coats it and weighs it down.



Last year I cut off all of my hair cause I no longer wanted a perm (which I put back in 4 months ago) it was less than an inch long, now its past my shoulders.... how did I achieve this?



There is this oil called rosemary, you can buy it pure from most health food stores and doesn't cost all that much for a total hair miracle. But the thing is you can't use it straight from the bottle, you have to dilute it with like olive or jojoba oil, like 5 drops of rosemary to 2 table spoons of the other oil. But anyway you put it on your hair 3x a week, and it does make the hair grow, you should notice within a month. Another thing is to stop messing with your hair, wear a wig, seriously, but never wear a wig on your hair, first put a silk or satin cap on your hair so the wig does not come into contact with your locks cause it will break off your hair.



Never wear your hair out in bad weather, always moisturize with a water based cream and wear a cap at night to bed. If you have a perm condition your hair 2x a week, I don't mean wash with shampoo, just rinse your hair of product, especially if you use gel (which no one should) and put a moisturizing conditioner in, leave it for a few minutes then rinse, put on oil and wrap the hair, put on a cap... Oh, and hair vitimins, I use Hair, Skin, and Nails and it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer security